Due to continued growth and expansion, Scymaris is seeking a Study Director to join our aquatic ecotoxicology team in Brixham, Devon. You will be joining an outstanding scientific team in a very modern, state-of-the-art laboratory capable of supporting both freshwater and marine studies. You will be working with a close and very supportive ecotoxicology and analytical chemistry team. Your primary responsibility will be to support designated GLP compliant sponsor studies; however,this may also include developing bespoke GLP and non-GLP studies based on client requirements. Working in collaboration with other team members you wil plan, perform, and manage GLP compliant aquatic ecotoxicology studies on time and within budget.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be confident in liaising with colleagues and clients on study progress. They will have the ability to develop and execute test methods as well as mentor and train junior members of staff. A proactive approach to work with close attention to detail, strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills are essential.
Key responsibilities for the position are:
1) Provide scientific leadership for aquatic ecotoxicology GLP tests and services supporting agrochemical, pharmaceutical, chemical, and veterinary medicine clients.
2) Support and strive to maintain scientific excellence while meeting project deliverables and customer timelines.
3) Understand and be compliant with Good Laboratory Practice and related global quality standards and be confident in responding to client audits and regulatory inspections.
4) Have a passion for ecotoxicology and scientific excellence in all areas.
5) Be commercially astute, capable of interacting with potential and current customers, supporting business growth and if necessary, identifying proactive solutions to varied customer challenges.
6) Be keen to working in a team environment and enthusiastic about contributing ideas within the scientific team to help develop and grow a global business.
Education/Qualifications and experience:
BSc, MSc or PhD degree in a relevant scientific discipline ideally with experience in a CRO and/ordrug development environment
Experience within GLP aquatic ecotoxicology is preferred although other relevant ecotoxicology and/orGLP experience will be seriously considered.
Scymaris is based in Brixham in south Devon in an area offering an outstanding quality of life,close to the ocean, beaches, Dartmoor National Park and other areas of outstanding natural beauty. The area offers good amenities, schools, proximity to the major cities of Plymouth and Exeter and a warm temperate climate for much of the year.