Do you have a positive, can-do attitude with desire to learn new skills?
Are you enthusiastic about science?
Would you like to work in a laboratory conducting practical work?
Are you organised and able to multitask?
Perhaps you are a recent science graduate looking to start your career in a growing company full of exciting opportunities?
Or maybe you have some experience working in a laboratory environment and you would like to expand your knowledge in a new area?
If so… perhaps a technician role at Scymaris is right for you.
Scymaris Ltd are based at the Brixham Laboratory site located in Devon, England where specialised laboratory services have been provided for over 65 years. We provide high quality aquatic (marine and freshwater) ecotoxicology, environmental fate and analytical chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, agrochemical, and chemical industries. Our goal is to help our clients understand the lifecycle of chemicals in our environment and the impact this has on the ecosystem.
The job holder will work as part of an experienced team; within the environmental fate team, initially on a supervised basis and subsequently on an unsupervised basis as they learn to manage their work priorities to meet expected deadlines.
Laboratory Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s),maintaining accurate and up to date records.
· Assist in sample collection, preparation, and analysis tasks (with supervision).
· Operation of laboratory equipment including calibrating equipment, such as balances and pipettes.
· To support a positive culture of safety to help the laboratory meet all health and safety requirements.
· Contribute to the success of projects by delivering results on time, to the highest possible standard, proactively engaging with colleagues where appropriate.
· A flexible working style is imperative, and the jobholder will be expected to work closely with their supervisor and other team members to deliver projects where priorities can change.
· Maintain chemical inventories and interact with suppliers as required.
· Commit to ongoing training opportunities.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Excellent organizational and communication skills paired with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver results.
· Energetic and proactive with a close attention to detail
· Strong interest in science and environmental issues and willingness to continuously learn
· Knowledge or experience of working to GLP (or other quality management system).
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a successful cross functional team.
· Ownership of personal actions and responsibilities. Enhances department, organisation, and individual reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
We offer candidates:
· Competitive salary
· Team environment, collaborative, and supportive culture with personal interest in individual development.
· Excellent facilities with the latest analytical instrumentation and laboratory equipment.
· Significant opportunity for progression and professional development such as; training in the use of technical apparatus, conducting sample preparation tasks, methodology for sampling, use of laboratory instrumentation, training in quality systems, Good Laboratory Practice, (GLP), & data integrity.
This Job Description provides an overview of the principal accountabilities of the post and accountabilities will include but will not be limited to those detailed. It is anticipated that the content of roles will evolve and change over time and such the balance of duties within the job description will change within the broad remit of the post.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.