Would you like to work in a world class laboratory facility with the latest analytical instrumentation and laboratory equipment?
Do you like working in a team environment, that has a collaborative and supportive culture with a personal interest in your development?
Do you like challenging and varied projects, where you can significantly contribute to solving real world issues?
Would you like to take home a competitive salary, with significant opportunities for career development?
If so,,, perhaps a Study Director Role at Scymaris is right for you.
Scymaris Ltd are based at the Brixham Laboratory site located in Devon, England where specialized laboratory services have been provided for over 65 years. We provide high quality aquatic (marine and freshwater) ecotoxicology, environmental fate and analytical chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, agrochemical and chemical industries. Our goal is to help our clients understand the lifecycle of chemicals in our environment and the impact this has on the ecosystem.
The job holder will work as part of a highly adaptable and trusted team; within the environmental fate department.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities within the role:
· As a GLP Study Director at Scymaris you will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects, on time, within budget and in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
· Utilising your technically sound and proactive communication skills, you will foster close working relationships with our sponsors, and internal stakeholders, ensuring laboratory staff are aware of project timelines and requirements.
· Working in a talented, trusted and highly adaptable team, your responsibilities will encompass the entire study process from sample preparation all the way through to final report.
· Study Directors are expected to author and technically review study plans, SOP’s and reports.
· Assist teams during client visits, external audits / inspections.
· Work independently and communicate effectively as part of a successful cross functional team.
· Take ownership of Continuing Professional Development by tracking and understanding emerging technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organisations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
· Desired qualifications; BSc / MSc / PhD in Chemistry, Environmental Sciences or related subject.
· Minimum of 1 year’s study direction in a GLP facility.
· Experience of computer system validation, having practical knowledge of how to apply the principles of data integrity today-to-day lab activities.
· Enthusiasm in science with a motivation of making contributions in a multi-discipline team environment.
This Job Description provides an overview of the principal accountabilities of the post and accountabilities will include but will not be limited to those detailed. It is anticipated that the content of roles will evolve and change over time and such the balance of duties within the job description will change within the broad remit of the post.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.