Do you have an interest in analytical chemistry or environmental science?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team at the Brixham Laboratory site located in Devon, England where specialised laboratory services have been provided for over 65 years. We provide high quality aquatic (marine and freshwater) ecotoxicology, environmental fate and analytical chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, agrochemical, and chemical industries. Our goal is to help our clients understand the lifecycle of chemicals in our environment and the impact this has on the ecosystem.
If successful you will work as part of an experienced team; within either the environmental fate, analytical chemistry or ecotoxicology team, initially on a supervised basis and subsequently independently, as you learn to manage your work priorities to meet expected deadlines across a range of GLP studies.
Areas of experience and training will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s),maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Assist in sample collection, preparation, and analysis tasks.
- Operation of laboratory equipment including calibrating equipment, such as balances and pipettes.
- Laboratory techniques including use of extraction and analysis equipment e.g. HPLC
- Process and summarise data using bespoke software.
- To support a positive culture of safety to help the laboratory meet all health and safety requirements.
- Contribute to the success of projects by delivering results on time, to the highest possible standard, proactively engaging with colleagues where appropriate.
- A flexible working style is imperative, and you will be expected to work closely with your supervisor and other team members to deliver projects where priorities can change.
- Maintain chemical inventories and interact with suppliers as required.
- Conducting studies and presenting data to GLP standards.
- The ideal candidate would possess the following qualification and skills:
- Working towards a BSc in Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Science or similar Life Sciences subject
- Positive, can-do attitude with desire to learn new skills.
- Enthusiasm in science with a motivation of making contributions in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Experience of chemistry practical work .e.g., use of balances, pipettes, standard preparation, standard laboratory equipment.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organisational skills.
- Strong interest in science and environmental issues and willingness to continuously learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a successful cross functional team.
- Ownership of personal actions and responsibilities. Enhances department, organisation, and individual reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
We offer candidates:
- A unique insight into working in a contract research laboratory
- Competitive salary
- Our team environment is a collaborative, and supportive culture with personal interest in individual development.
- Excellent facilities with the latest analytical instrumentation and laboratory equipment.
- Significant opportunity for professional development such as training in the use of technical apparatus, conducting sample preparation tasks, methodology for sampling, use of laboratory instrumentation, training in quality systems, Good Laboratory Practice, (GLP),& data integrity.
This Job Description provides an overview of the principal accountabilities of the post and accountabilities will include but will not be limited to those detailed. It is anticipated that the content of roles will evolve and change over time and such the balance of duties within the job description will change within the broad remit of the post.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter by 18th November 2022 to: email@example.com. Successful applicants will be interviewed by telephone before being invited to attend a further interview on site/via Teams.