Scymaris Ltd is based at the Brixham Laboratory site located in Devon, England where specialized laboratory services have been provided to the Pharmaceutical and Chemical industries for over 65 years. We provide high quality aquatic (marine and freshwater) ecotoxicology, environmental fate and analytical chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, agrochemical and chemical industries.
Our goal is to help our clients understand the lifecycle of chemicals in our environment and the impact this has on the ecosystem.
Laboratory Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• A working pattern to include Saturdays and Sundays with two weekdays off in lieu
• Routine calibration of laboratory instruments - pH meters, dissolved oxygen (DO) meters and balances
• Routine water quality testing of laboratory supplies and tanks, including pH, DO, alkalinity, hardness
• Maintenance of algal cultures and synthesis of test media
• Support on studies e.g. animal observations, growth measurements, feeding etc
• Assisting where required in fish and invertebrate husbandry
• Maintaining equipment and work area in optimum condition
• Where appropriate, work with others to develop and write SOPs in the instance of new or improved processes
• Compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and assistance with client visits, external audits / inspections
• Compliance with health, safety, environmental and quality standards and procedures
For successful candidates, progression to Study Director will involve the following responsibilities:
• Planning and management of studies within project timelines and budgets
• Drafting and signing off on study plans and reports and running studies in compliance with GLP
• Organisation of own studies to include liaison with chemists and husbandry teams where required
• Interaction with potential and current customers and if necessary, identifying proactive solutions to varied customer challenges
Qualifications and Experience:
• Prior experience in a science or technical work environment a plus
• Educational qualifications: Ideally a minimum of BSc in a relevant scientific discipline
• Experience of working as part of a team where success was achieved by a combination of individual and team performance
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Excellent organizational and communication skills paired with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver results
• Energetic and proactive with a close attention to detail
• Strong interest in science and environmental issues and willingness to continuously learn
• Preferably, knowledge or experience of working to GLP (or other quality management system) with strong computer skills
• Ownership of personal actions and responsibilities. Enhances department, organisation and individual reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• The role is lab based with working pattern to include Saturdays and Sundays with two weekdays off in lieu
· Competitive salary
· Bonus for weekend working pattern
· Discount at on site café
· Company funded social events
· Friendly and collaborative team approach to working
· Ongoing training and career growth opportunities (suitable candidates will receive training to achieve GLP Study Director status).
Scymaris Ltd is accepting applications from a wide range of sectors, and experience levels.
For more information or to apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 31st October 2022.