An exciting chance to join a growing business, working to maintain and promote high standards and identify potential improvements while learning about the full range of our environmental science services.
We seek an organised, decisive person with attention to detail to help identify issues and provide advice and coaching to reach solutions. A positive approach and good communication skills, will be essential.
- Assuring compliance by detailed audit of documents, data, procedures & processes
- Assessing the compliance risk of any issues noted, recommending corrective and preventive action(s) and monitoring for resolution
- Reviewing and updating procedures
- Archiving of records
- Delivery of GLP training
- Meeting with government inspectors and clients as part of their assurance processes
- 80:20 office:laboratory based
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Chemistry, Biology or a related field.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret and interrogate large or complex Excel spreadsheets, data and calculations.
- Enthusiasm for science with a motivation for making contributions in a team environment.
- Ability to learn about new scientific techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Decision making skills, even in positions of ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), enabling a constructive input to projects.
Scymaris Ltd are based at the Brixham Laboratory site located in Devon, England where specialized laboratory services have been provided for over 65 years. We provide high quality aquatic (marine and freshwater) ecotoxicology, environmental fate and analytical chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, agrochemical and chemical industries. Our goal is to help our clients understand the lifecycle of chemicals in our environment and the impact this has on the ecosystem.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Team environment, highly collaborative and supportive culture.
- Opportunity to work in a world class facility alongside talented staff.
- Significant opportunity for progression and professional development.
- The potential to work in a rapidly growing business sector, where managing and caring for the environment will continue to be an important part of everyone’s future business planning.
- One of the best office views in the UK.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org