Scymaris Ltd are based at the Brixham Laboratory site located in Devon, England where specialized laboratory services have been provided for over 65 years. We provide high quality aquatic (marine and freshwater) ecotoxicology, environmental fate and analytical chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, agrochemical and chemical industries.
Our goal is to help our clients understand the lifecycle of chemicals in our environment and the impact this has on the ecosystem.
The job holder will work as part of a highly adaptable and trusted team; within the analytical chemistry department.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities within the role:
• The position principally involves laboratory-based work where you will lead the development, validation and implementation of varied analytical methods, in support of aquatic and terrestrial ecotoxicology, environmental fate, physical chemistry and residue studies.
• Working in a talented, trusted and highly adaptable team, your contributions will encompass the entire study process from sample preparation all the way through to final report.
• You will conduct sampling and prepare samples for analysis, using a variety of sample preparation techniques such as SPE/LLE/ASE.
• You will have demonstrable experience of developing analytical methods, chromatography and mass spectrometry.
• Assist teams during client visits, external audits / inspections. • Author analytical method protocols, SOP’s and reports.
• Work independently and communicate effectively as part of a successful cross functional team.
• Take ownership of CPD by tracking and understanding emerging technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organisations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
• Desired qualifications; BSc / MSc in Analytical Chemistry or related subject.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within an established quality management system e.g. ISO, GMP (preferably GLP).
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills. • Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
• Demonstrable experience utilising a wide range of analytical instrumentation in a regulated environment with an appreciation for preventative maintenance.
• Experience of computer system validation, having practical knowledge of how to apply the principles of data integrity to day-to-day lab activities.
• Experience of Sciex® and or Thermo Fisher Scientific® LCMS triple quadrupole mass spectrometry instrumentation, including Analyst and or Xcalibur/TraceFinder software platforms respectively.
• Positive attitude, employing excellence in scientific services at the forefront of daily tasks.
We offer candidates:
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP)+
• Unrivalled opportunities for career progression within a uniquely designed market leading Laboratory Facility.
• Subsidized meals on-site
• On-site & subsidised parking options
• Team environment, collaborative and supportive culture with personal interest in individual development.
• Excellent facilities with the latest analytical instrumentation and laboratory equipment.
• Significant opportunity for progression and professional development such as; training in the use of technical apparatus, conducting sample preparation tasks, methodology for sampling, use of laboratory instrumentation, training in quality systems, Good Laboratory Practice, (GLP), & data integrity.
This Job Description provides an overview of the principal accountabilities of the post and accountabilities will include but will not be limited to those detailed. It is anticipated that the content of roles will evolve and change over time and such the balance of duties within the job description will change within the broad remit of the post.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.