Competitive salary, pension, friendly and collaborative team approach to working, ongoing training and career growth opportunities.
Scymaris Ltd is based at the Brixham Laboratory site located in Devon, England where specialized laboratory services have been provided to the Pharmaceutical and Chemical industries for over 65 years. We provide high quality aquatic (marine and freshwater) ecotoxicology, environmental fate, plant metabolism and analytical chemistry services to the global pharmaceutical, agrochemical and chemical industries. Our goal is to help our clients understand the lifecycle of chemicals in our environment and the impact this has on the ecosystem.
Laboratory Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Routine calibration of laboratory instruments - pH meters, dissolved oxygen (DO) meters and balances.
· Routine water quality testing of laboratory supplies and tanks, including pH, DO, alkalinity, hardness.
· Maintenance of algal cultures and synthesis of test media.
· Support on studies e.g. animal observations, growth measurements, feeding etc.
· Procurement of laboratory supplies and stocking of the laboratory.
· Assisting where required in fish and invertebrate husbandry.
· Maintain equipment and work area in optimum condition.
· Where appropriate, work with others to develop and write SOPs in the instance of new or improved processes.
· Assist teams during client visits, external audits/ inspections.
· Compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
· Compliance with health, safety, environmental and quality standards and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Prior experience in a science or technical work environment a plus.
· Educational qualifications: Ideally a minimum of BSc in a relevant scientific discipline.
· Experience of working as part of a team where success was achieved by a combination of individual and team performance.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Excellent communication skills paired with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver results.
· Energetic and proactive with a close attention to detail.
· Strong interest in science and environmental issues and willingness to continuously learn.
· Preferably, knowledge or experience of working to GLP (or other quality management system).
· Strong computer, scientific, and organisational skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a successful cross functional team.
· Ownership of personal actions and responsibilities. Enhances department, organisation and individual reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
· Positive attitude, employing excellence in scientific services at the forefront of daily tasks.
· The role is lab based and will require some out of hours and weekend working to an agreed rota.
Scymaris Ltd is accepting applications from a wide range of sectors, and experience levels.
For more information or to apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to: